Most preschoolers have a LOVE for music! Anytime they hear it they can’t help but sing and dance along. This all begins with a little encouragement from their caregivers. Simple things like singing in the car on long trips or having a dance party at home can really get the children’s body and soul energized! And little did we know that preschool age is an ideal time to explore the Beethoven in all of us.
Benefits of Music:
According to Kids Health, children who are actively involved in music:
– Do better in reading and math when they begin school
– Are better able to focus and control their bodies
– Play better with others and have higher self esteem
Fun Musical Activities:
Music doesn’t have to come from a store bought drum or guitar, we can demonstrate our musical talents with some homemade instruments! Try some of these fun activities with the children in your care.
– Practice clapping or tapping the beats to some of your children’s favorite songs and have them copy you.
– Make a maraca! Take a paper towel tube and cover it with construction paper. Next fill it with dried beans and get shakin’.
– Play musical chairs. Not only will this get their minds working, but it will also get their hearts pumping!
– Be a musical instrument. Have the children mimic their favorite instrument and march around like a marching band. What a great way to drum up their imaginative play.
Time for Little Tikes Instruments:
Little Tikes is introducing several new instruments to encourage kids to explore rhythm and movement. Click here to check out these new instruments along with many of our other classic musical toys. These instruments will surely make circle time an exciting place to be!